Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Good Start to the Second Half

Now that I am twenty two weeks I am a good halfway into my pregnancy, and since it is about halfway through the summer I am also a good halfway into the year. Looking back at my start of the year goals I have obviously needed to make some changes as they weren't all still realistic. As I adjust my goals and refined what is most important, I have decided to focus on the following:

1) Still reaching to strengthen my walk with God through reading my Bible and living my life in a ways that shows I follow Christ.
2) Strengthening my marriage especially as we start this new uncharted territory of parenthood. I want continually remind myself of the promises I made to be 100% devoted to my husband as to let him lead my family and respect him unconditionally.
3) Be healthy for my baby and I.
4) Be as stress free as possible as I go through this pregnancy, house shopping, working, coaching and serving at church.

I am making good headway in each of these areas even though it is definitely not always easy. The more I put God first, the more the rest of the pieces fall into place with peace ans ease. I know I struggle with thinking that "God is always in control and knows best, except this time_____..." Whether it is what house to live in, where to send my newborn for childcare, arguing with my husband it is too easy for me to think "Is God taking a nap? Why isn't He intervening in the way I so obviously would for the good of myself?!" When in reality God never promises to make all our earthly dreams come to true or to make us crazy happy. I know that my ultimate goal is not to obtain earthly happiness and satisfaction but rather to serve God, continually seek Him and to help others on the same journey. My true home and fulfillment will come after this life, its worthless to constantly seek that here.






My husband and I just celebrated our first year of marriage and it was fabulous! Although it wasn't a year of complete wedded bliss, we learned so much about each other and merging our lives together and have created a solid foundation for our marriage. I wouldn't change a thing about our first year!

In an attempt to be healthier and to save some dough ;) I decided to try to prebake or par-bake some whole wheat pizza crusts so we would have them on hand to make pizzas throughout the month rather than ordering the out. It worked quite well!




I decided to also save some moola as well as feed my creative appetite to sew a quilt for my baby's bed. I am hoping to sew the bedskirt and crib bumper as well. I am only this far so I will share more when it is complete!




Some things I have been cooking and eating at home. Although they might not all be super healthy, I figure making them from scratch is at least better that getting them out! :)
 Pizza on the home made whole wheat crust
 Baked Parmesan chicken with garlic mashed potatoes (Julia Child recipe) and salad
 Lasagna and sauted zucchini from garden and salad
 Apple, carrot plum juice
Philly Cheese steak with waffle fries and salad with a blueberry banana smoothie


The further I get into pregnancy the most often I am told what I "just have to do", "absolutely shouldn't do"etc. from other moms and strangers. Also everyone has lots of advice and comments about how my body is changing and how I should be taking care of it. Also pair that with my insecurities about my changing body and stubbornness about being told what to do and it is a recipe for pregnancy rage and hormonal disaster. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who is my safe haven to run to when all of it is overwhelming and I feel exhausted. He constantly reminds me of what is important and how much he loves the way I look and that what my body is going through is normal and important. I also stumbled upon this blog post the other day and found it very encouraging: http://lovingmylot.com/2013/08/23/mom-vs-mom-the-war-i-didnt-see-coming/ . 

I am starting my first day back to school officially this morning, hopefully this fun new body will be able to keep up! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment